The Regulator is a synthetic caricature of masculinity and aggression. If form follows function–and farce not too far behind–then the body’s response to the work might be more accurate than the mind’s. The object unifies phallic form with a handheld cordless power tool, specifically an 18-volt Makita Hammer Driver/Drill. Cast PVC phallus is retrofitted with stainless steel hardware for easy and secure assembly.
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 450 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Variable 2-speed design (0 – 400 & 0 – 1,500 RPM) covers a wide range of drilling, driving and hammer applications
- Compact design at only 8-3/4″ long and weighs only 3.7 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- Soft grip handle provides increased comfort
- Makita 18V Compact Lithium-Ion batteries charge in only 15 minutes
- Makita Lithium-Ion battery provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm-holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
- 15-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- 15-Minute Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery which helps produce more lifetime work
- Accepts Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery for even longer run time
The work was originally created for Ivory Dungeon, a collaboration between Ryan Brewer and Alan Joseph Marx, 2014-2016.
Edition of 10 (plus 1 AP)
Material: Cast PVC, Makita Hammer-Driver Drill, 18V Lithium-Ion battery, battery charger, stainless steel hardware, carrying case.
Dimensions: Dong: 7″ length, 5” circumference (Variable); Drill (w/ case): 17″ x 10″ x 5″