Black Red Gold, 2011. Ryan Brewer & AA Bronson.
Installation: Ink on canvas (Unique Edition). 83 x 55 x 1.5 inches (ea.)
Red Shroud, 2011. Acrylic on linen (Edition of 3). 79 x 39 inches.
Black Ritual/Shadow Dance, 2011. Video. Run time: 3:42
These works emerged from site-specific, cross-generational performance rituals on Fire Island, NY. Each image denotes a separate performance enacted publicly but without an invited audience in the Meat Rack, a notorious cruising ground for gay men between the two queer communities of the island. Many came here to spend their last days during the era of AIDS and the works honor that haunted history.
The resulting triptych was created over the course of a summer season and have since been exhibited internationally including Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art (Rotterdam, NL); Gwangju Biennale (Gwangju, S. Korea); Grazer Kunstverein (Graz, AUT); Esther Schipper (Berlin, DE); Maureen Paley (London, UK); Art Basel (Basel, CH); NoFound Photo Fair (Paris, FR), among others.
Recently in Portfolio
- WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE, 2017-2022
- BOI TROUBLE = GURL POWER (Underworld Sex Magick), 1985-2022
- CHAKRA YANTRA #1 (The Root: As Within, So Without: All Is Infinite), 2022
- BREADBASKET ON WHEELS, 2020-2021
- GODHEAD (or Work, or I Love You Larry Johnson), 2020
- SOCIALIZED SCULPTURE, 2017-2018
- COSMOGENESIS, 2010-ONGOING
- RACHAEL’S DREAM, 2018
- RACHAEL’S BOUDOIR (The Tower: Penthouse Level), 2018
- HOW TO BUILD YOURSELF A MYTH, 2017
- PHANTASIA (PERFORMANCE STUDY #1), 2017
- FOUNTAIN (The Tower: Ground Level), 2016-2017
- VAULT (The Tower: Lower Level), 2016
- IVORY DUNGEON, 2014-2016
- POST-PARADISE (BLACK LODGE SWEAT), 2013
- WHO’S AFRAID OF RED, WHITE, AND BLACK?, 2012
- BLUE, 2012
- BLACK RED GOLD, 2011
- MEAT RACK VISION QUEST, 2011
- THE WHEEL OF LAW, 2010-2011
- AXIS MUNDI YANTRA, 2009
- CHAKRA YANTRA #6, 2009
- Early Works, 2008-2009