Black Red Gold, 2011. Ryan Brewer & AA Bronson.
Installation: Ink on canvas (Unique Edition). 83 x 55 x 1.5 inches (ea.)
Red Shroud, 2011. Acrylic on linen (Edition of 3). 79 x 39 inches.
Black Ritual/Shadow Dance, 2011. Video. Run time: 3:42
These works emerged from site-specific, cross-generational performance rituals on Fire Island, NY. Each image denotes a separate performance enacted publicly but without an invited audience in the Meat Rack, a notorious cruising ground for gay men between the two queer communities of the island. Many came here to spend their last days during the era of AIDS and the works honor that haunted history.
The resulting triptych was created over the course of a summer season and have since been exhibited internationally including Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art (Rotterdam, NL); Gwangju Biennale (Gwangju, S. Korea); Grazer Kunstverein (Graz, AUT); Esther Schipper (Berlin, DE); Maureen Paley (London, UK); Art Basel (Basel, CH); NoFound Photo Fair (Paris, FR), among others.
Recently in Portfolio
- RACHAEL’S DREAM, 2018
- RACHAEL’S BOUDOIR (The Tower: Penthouse Level), 2018
- HOW TO BUILD YOURSELF A MYTH, 2017
- SOCIALIZED SCULPTURE, 2017
- FOUNTAIN (The Tower: Ground Level), 2016-2017
- VAULT (The Tower: Lower Level), 2016
- BEBE DADDY SERVICES, 2013-2018
- COSMOGENESIS, 2010-ONGOING
- DREAMS, 2013-2015
- POST-PARADISE (BLACK LODGE SWEAT), 2013
- PERFORMANCE STUDIES, 2012
- WHO’S AFRAID OF RED, WHITE, AND BLACK?, 2012
- BLUE, 2012
- BLACK RED GOLD, 2011
- MEAT RACK VISION QUEST, 2011
- THE WHEEL OF LAW, 2010-2011
- SACRED SPHEROID, 2010-2011
- EXORCISM, 2010
- PERFORMANCE STUDIES, 2010
- AXIS MUNDI YANTRA, 2009
- CHAKRA YANTRA #6, 2009
- NEOMODERN SYSTEMS, 2008-2009
- Drawings 2008-2012